Red Mandarin Essential Oil
Enjoy the delicious aroma & flavors of Red Mandarin essentials oil. This oil is uplifting & refreshing, skin toning, balancing & cleansing. When ingested supports healthy respiratory & gastrointestinal health also.
SIZE: 5ml glass bottle
Also known as Tangor & Temple Orange, Red Mandarin is named for the deeper color of its rinds compared to regular mandarin & is known for its sweet, citrusy & slightly floral aroma. Extracted from the fully mature mandarin fruits, Red Mandarin is considered the sweetest of all the citrus oils & blends well with floral, wood, spice & herb essential oils. Just a couple drops of Red Mandarin oil adds a deliciously distinct flavor to your favorite salads, desserts & drinks while diffusing Red Mandarin creates an uplifting & energizing environment in any space. Because of its high limonene content, Red Mandarin is rich in topical cleansing properties making it ideal to include in your skincare routine or use as a naturally sourced surface cleanser.
- Uplifts atmosphere
- Clarifying & toning to the skin
- May be beneficial for the digestive system
Sweet, citrus, floral hints
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears & sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.
- Flavored Water: Add a drop of Red Mandarin oil to your daily water bottle for a refreshing, citrus flavor.
- Smoothies: Liven up your morning smoothie with a drop of Red Mandarin for a sweet, citrusy taste with every sip.
- Baking and Desserts: Add a hint of delicious citrus flavor to you favorite desserts by adding a couple drops of Red Mandarin oil to fruit-filled tarts, cakes, and other baked goods.
- Skincare Routine: Add two to three drops of Red Mandarin to your nightly skin cleanser or toner to enhance your evening skincare routine.
- Surface Cleanser: Add 5-10 drops of Red Mandarin oil to a glass spray bottle of water for a naturally sourced surface cleanser with a delightfully fresh aroma.
- Diffusion: Add three to four drops of Red Mandarin oil to your favorite diffuser to create an energizing, uplifting atmosphere throughout your home.
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in four fluid ounces of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with with a Body Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Caring for your products:
- Store the essential oil in room-temperature conditions & avoid exposure to extreme temperatures (leaving oils in the car during the summer, on window sills, etc.).
- Avoid exposing the oils to direct sunlight or other sources of UV rays.
- Prevent prolonged exposure to oxygen which can cause oxidation of the oil over time (leaving the cap unscrewed, etc.).
- Tightly secure the caps after each use (prevents the oil from evaporating & decreases exposure to oxygen).
Life of your products:
5–10 years or more
What Is the Difference between Yellow Mandarin and Red Mandarin or Green Mandarin?
Green, Yellow, and Red Mandarin essential oils all come from the same fruit but are produced during different times of the ripening process. Green Mandarin oil comes from the peel of the unripe or green fruit. Red Mandarin comes from the peel of the fruit once it is fully ripened and is red or orange in color. Yellow Mandarin comes from the peel of the fruit when it is partially ripe.
While the three Mandarin oils are all similar in chemistry and uses, each is still slightly unique from the other because the ripening process subtly changes the chemical profile and aroma of the oil produced.
The name “Mandarin” is taken from the title of counselors in the Chinese imperial courts who wore bright orange robes and headpieces with buttons that resemble the fruit.
What is Red Mandarin oil?
Because the south of Brazil has the ideal climate for growing the highest quality citrus fruits, this the prime location for doTERRA to source Red Mandarin essential oil. In order to be harvested, the Red Mandarin needs to be ripe, which can take up to six months. Once ripe, the fruit is harvested between June and September and the peels are cold pressed to create Red Mandarin essential oil.
What essential oils blend well with Red Mandarin oil?
The citrusy aroma of Red Mandarin pairs well with other citrus essential oils like Grapefruit oil, Lemon oil, and Lime oil as well as doTERRA Serenity oil, Peppermint oil, and Helichrysum oil
How to Use Yellow Mandarin Oil
Because limonene is cleansing, Yellow Mandarin is a great oil to work into your natural cleaning routine. Plus, you'll love having its pleasant aroma lingering around the home when you’re done.
To take advantage of the internal benefits of Yellow Mandarin while also enjoying its delicious and subtle citrus flavor, add a couple drops to your water. You could also put it in a smoothie or mix it in with yogurt and fruit.
Another simple way to take it internally is in a veggie capsule. You can also put a few drops under your tongue. You might use one of these methods after trying a new type of food or eating a large meal.
For skin that looks healthy and clear, use Yellow Mandarin on your face. You can add a drop to your facial cleanser or wash off skin-toner.
Because Yellow Mandarin is a citrus oil, it is important to avoid sunlight and UV rays for at least 12 hours after applying it to the skin to avoid any photosensitivity. One way to do this is to use Yellow Mandarin during your evening skin care routine.