The Force of Balance
To be Tridoshic means that you have an equal balance of Vata, Pitta & Kapha Doshas in your constitution. The Tridoshic Type can be variable, dependent on how the doshas blend with one another. The personality is generally even & steady because by nature, the constitutional forces balance one another out. In other words, it is more difficult for a Tridoshic Type to go out of balance. The general protocol for Tridoshic Types is to follow Ayurvedic lifestyle practices according to the given season & environment. Since there is an even balance of all five elements, Tridoshic skin is generally more balanced & healthy than other doshic skin types.
Tridoshic Type Skin has an equal balance of all 5 elements: ether, air, fire water & earth. Therefore, people of Tridoshic nature have an equal proportion of Vata, Pitta & Kapha. Due to this equally balanced constitution, it is harder for Tridoshic Skin to experience imbalance.
Our Tridoshic Skincare Line is formulated to support those with Tridoshic Type Skin &/or those with healthy, balanced skin. The ingredients used in this line are harmonious to the skin: not too hot, too cold, too astringent or overly moisturizing. Each ingredient is carefully selected for the beautifully balanced nature of Tridoshic Skin.
Tridoshic Tips for Radiant Skin
- Eat seasonally & locally. In the fall & winter, enjoy warm, unctuous foods like root vegetables & stews. In the spring, gently detoxify with light, pungent foods like quinoa, fresh greens & green juices. During the summertime, keep the body cool with fresh juicy fruits & avoid foods that are overly spicy, fried or oily.
- Spice foods with Cumin, Coriander & Fennel (known as the three brothers in herbalism) for balanced digestion.
- Drink warm lemon water first thing in the morning to promote radiant skin & healthy agni or digestion.
- Develop morning & evening routines, practiced daily to support balance.
- Create a yoga practice that aligns with the given season. During fall & winter emphasize grounding, in the spring, bring more heat & flow into your practice & in the summer, stay cool & calm with forward folds & gentle twists.
- Cultivate a daily meditation practice. Start with just 5 minutes a day & slowly move towards 20-30 minutes per day.
- Perform self-massage daily with our Tridoshic Body Oil to keep the skin tissue detoxified & nourished.
- Use our Tridoshic Skincare line morning & evening to experience the benefits of a line formulated just for you & your unique needs.