Yellow Mandarin Essential Oil
The delicious, bright scent of Yellow Mandarin offers a positive aroma. With inherent cleansing properties & other valuable chemical constituents, Yellow Mandarin is also excellent for cleansing surfaces & maintains a balanced moisture level in the skin.
SIZE: 5ml glass bottle
The Mandarin tree is a small evergreen with a single trunk & many thin drooping branches. Often confused with Tangerine, the Mandarin orange is a variety in the same Rutacae family. The peel of the mandarin fruit is used to make three different Mandarin essential oils: Green Mandarin, Red Mandarin & Yellow Mandarin. These varieties of essential oils depend upon the ripeness of the fruit at the time of distillation. In the middle of the ripening stage, Yellow Mandarin essential oil is cold-pressed from the semi-ripe fruit peel & is the most floral of all mandarin essential oils. The delicious, bright scent of Yellow Mandarin offers a positive aroma. With inherent cleansing properties & other valuable chemical constituents, Yellow Mandarin is also excellent for cleansing surfaces & maintains a balanced moisture level in the skin. Limonene, a chemical component of Yellow Mandarin essential oil, provides an invigorating aroma that promotes vitality.
- Uplifting & calming aroma
- Supports a healthy-looking, even skin tone
- Beneficial when used in soothing abdominal massage
- Refreshing, bright flavor
Citrus, zesty, fresh, fruity, floral
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears & sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.
- Add a drop to your water or smoothie.
- Diffuse alone or with your favorite floral oil or fir oil.
- Put a few drops at the bottom of your shower in the morning for a light, uplifting scent and natural steam facial.
- Add several drops to a spray bottle with water for a natural cleaner. Add additional citrus oils you like for extra cleansing power.
- Take 1–2 drops internally after a particularly large meal for digestive support.*
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in four fluid ounces of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Caring for your products:
- Store the essential oil in room-temperature conditions & avoid exposure to extreme temperatures (leaving oils in the car during the summer, on window sills, etc.).
- Avoid exposing the oils to direct sunlight or other sources of UV rays.
- Prevent prolonged exposure to oxygen which can cause oxidation of the oil over time (leaving the cap unscrewed, etc.).
- Tightly secure the caps after each use (prevents the oil from evaporating & decreases exposure to oxygen).
Life of your products:
5–10 years or more
What Is the Difference between Yellow Mandarin and Red Mandarin or Green Mandarin?
Green, Yellow, and Red Mandarin essential oils all come from the same fruit but are produced during different times of the ripening process. Green Mandarin oil comes from the peel of the unripe or green fruit. Red Mandarin comes from the peel of the fruit once it is fully ripened and is red or orange in color. Yellow Mandarin comes from the peel of the fruit when it is partially ripe.
While the three Mandarin oils are all similar in chemistry and uses, each is still slightly unique from the other because the ripening process subtly changes the chemical profile and aroma of the oil produced.
What Is Yellow Mandarin Essential Oil Good For?
When taken internally, Yellow Mandarin oil soothes the nervous system, supports healthy immune response, and promotes digestion.* Limonene, one of the two main chemical constituents in Yellow Mandarin, is cleansing. Clinical research shows that limonene supports a healthy metabolism and cellular function.*
The sweet and refreshing scent of Yellow Mandarin creates an energizing and uplifting environment. When you need to create an atmosphere that is positive and cheerful, diffuse Yellow Mandarin.
How to Use Yellow Mandarin Oil
Because limonene is cleansing, Yellow Mandarin is a great oil to work into your natural cleaning routine. Plus, you'll love having its pleasant aroma lingering around the home when you’re done.
To take advantage of the internal benefits of Yellow Mandarin while also enjoying its delicious and subtle citrus flavor, add a couple drops to your water. You could also put it in a smoothie or mix it in with yogurt and fruit.
Another simple way to take it internally is in a veggie capsule. You can also put a few drops under your tongue. You might use one of these methods after trying a new type of food or eating a large meal.
For skin that looks healthy and clear, use Yellow Mandarin on your face. You can add a drop to your facial cleanser or wash off skin-toner.
Because Yellow Mandarin is a citrus oil, it is important to avoid sunlight and UV rays for at least 12 hours after applying it to the skin to avoid any photosensitivity. One way to do this is to use Yellow Mandarin during your evening skin care routine.