The use of a neti pot is a traditional component of the Ayurvedic daily routine. It is the process of cleaning the nasal passageways. This process ensures healthy nasal passages by removing excess mucous. Neti also enhances the proper absorption of breath, or prana, & can reduce respiratory allergies.
To learn more about the practices of neti, read our blog post, Neti & Nasya: Ayurvedic Practices for Optimal Wellness.
MADE FROM LEAD-FREE CERAMIC. DISHWASHER SAFE
1. Mix warm, salt water solution inside neti pot. Begin with ¼ tsp of salt per ½ cup of water.
2. Place the tip of the pot’s spout in one nostril.
3. As you tip the pot, the solution enters the nasal passage and flows in one nostril and out the other. It is important to keep the mouth open and the head tilted.
4. Mix more solution and repeat for other nostril.
5. Following neti, oil nasal passages with PAAVANI Nasya Oil, to avoid dryness.
Ayurveda believes that the nasal passageway is the entryway for prana (our breath & life force energy) to enter the body via a direct route to the brain. That’s why it is important to keep this vital passageway clean, healthy & clear via the use of Neti in your daily routine.