UNDERSTANDING A TRIDOSHIC NATURE
TRIDOSHIC: THE FORCE OF BALANCE
To be tridoshic means that you have an equal balance of vata, pitta & kapha doshas in your constitution. A tridoshic person can be variable, dependent on how the doshas blend with one another. The personality is generally even & steady because by nature, the constitutional forces balance one another out. In other words, it is more difficult for a tridoshic person to go out of balance. The general protocol for a tridoshic-type is to follow Ayurvedic lifestyle practices according to the given season & environment. Since there is an even balance of all five elements, tridoshic skin is generally more healthy & balanced than other doshic skin types.
Tridoshic-type skin also has an equal balance of all 5 elements: ether, air, fire water and earth. Therefore, people of tridoshic nature have an equal proportion of vata, pitta & kapha. Due to this equally balanced constitution, it is harder for tridoshic skin to experience imbalance.
Our Tridoshic Skincare Ritual is formulated to support those with tridoshic-type skin and/or those with naturally healthy, balanced skin. The ingredients used in this line are harmonious to the skin: not too hot, too cold, too astringent or overly moisturizing. Each ingredient is carefully selected for the beautifully balanced nature of tridoshic skin.
TIPS FOR RADIANT TRIDOSHIC SKIN
- Eat seasonally & locally. In the fall & winter, enjoy warm, unctuous foods like root vegetables & stews. In the spring, gently detoxify with light, pungent foods like quinoa, fresh greens & green juices. During the summertime, keep the body cool with fresh juicy fruits & avoid foods that are overly spicy, fried or oily.
- Spice foods with our Tridoshic Spice Blend & cook with Ghee for balanced digestion.
Tridoshic Spice Blend
FarmTrue Organic Ghee
- Drink warm lemon water first thing in the morning to promote radiant skin & healthy agni or digestion.
- Develop morning & evening routines, practiced daily to support balance.
- Create a yoga practice that aligns with the given season. During fall & winter emphasize grounding, in the spring, bring more heat & flow into your practice & in the summer, stay cool & calm with forward folds & gentle twists.
- Cultivate a daily meditation practice. Start with just 5 minutes a day and slowly move towards 20-30 minutes per day.
- Perform self-massage daily with our Tridoshic Body Oil to keep the skin tissue detoxified & nourished.
- Use our Tridoshic Skincare Ritual morning & evening to experience the benefits of a skincare line formulated just for you & your unique needs.