TRIDOSHIC: THE FORCE OF BALANCE
To be tridoshic means that you have an equal balance of vata, pitta and kapha doshas in your constitution. A tridoshic person can be variable, dependent on how the doshas blend with one another. The personality is generally even and steady because by nature, the constitutional forces balance one another out. In other words, it is more difficult for a tridoshic person to go out of balance. The general protocol for tridoshic-types is to follow Ayurvedic lifestyle practices according to the given season & environment. Since there is an even balance of all five elements, tridoshic skin is generally more healthy and balanced than other doshic skin types. Check out our tridoshic products.
Tridoshic-type skin also has an equal balance of all 5 elements: ether, air, fire water and earth. Therefore, people of tridoshic nature have an equal proportion of vata, pitta & kapha. Due to this equally balanced constitution, it is harder for tridoshic skin to experience imbalance.
Our Tridoshic Skincare Ritual is formulated to support those with tridoshic-type skin and/or those with naturally healthy, balanced skin. The ingredients used in this line are harmonious to the skin: not too hot, too cold, too astringent or overly moisturizing. Each ingredient is carefully selected for the beautifully balanced nature of tridoshic skin.
TIPS FOR RADIANT TRIDOSHIC SKIN
- Eat seasonally and locally. In the fall and winter, enjoy warm, unctuous foods like root vegetables and stews. In the spring, gently detoxify with light, pungent foods like quinoa, fresh greens and green juices. During the summertime, keep the body cool with fresh juicy fruits and avoid foods that are overly spicy, fried or oily.
- Spice foods with cumin, coriander & fennel (known as the three brothers in herbalism) for balanced digestion.
- Drink warm lemon water first thing in the morning to promote radiant skin & healthy agni or digestion.
- Develop morning and evening routines, practiced daily to support balance.
- Create a yoga practice that aligns with the given season. During fall and winter emphasize grounding, in the spring, bring more heat and flow into your practice and in the summer, stay cool and calm with forward folds and gentle twists.
- Cultivate a daily meditation practice. Start with just 5 minutes a day and slowly move towards 20-30 minutes per day.
- Perform self-massage daily with our Tridoshic Body Oil to keep the skin tissue detoxified and nourished.
- Use our Tridoshic Skincare Ritual morning and evening to experience the benefits of a skincare line formulated just for you & your unique needs.