Frankinscense Essential Oil
Considered the ‘king of oils’, Frankincense has extraordinary health benefits when used topically or taken internally.*
SIZE: 15 ml glass bottle
Boswellia trees have been celebrated for centuries. The Babylonians & Assyrians would burn the tree resin in religious ceremonies & for contemplative meditation. The ancient Egyptians used it in perfumes & salves for soothing skin. Oil from the resin has long been used in Ayurvedic & traditional Chinese health practices. dōTERRA Premium Frankincense essential oil is a proprietary blend of resins from four species of Boswellia trees, Boswellia carterii, Boswellia sacra, Boswellia papyrifera & Boswellia frereana. Considered the ‘king of oils’, Frankincense has extraordinary health benefits when used topically or taken internally.* According to pre-clinical research, Frankincense essential oil may promote healthy cellular function when taken internally.† Experimental research suggests internal use of Frankincense, high in α-pinene, may provide soothing effects to the body.* Because of the oil’s significant level of α α-pinene, preclinical research also indicates Frankincense may help maintain healthy skin structure.† Nourishing & clarifying as an addition to daily skin care, the oil’s warm, spicy, herbal aroma creates a relaxing yet uplifting atmosphere. Because Boswellia species used in dōTERRA Frankincense essential oil grow best in different soils & regions, dōTERRA Co-impact Sourcing® is helping to diversify supply pressure & create future sustainable harvesting solutions
May help support healthy cellular function when used internally*
Provides a comforting, uplifting aroma
Helps to maintain healthy skin when applied topically
Warm, spicy, herbal
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Diffuse during reflection or meditation.
- Apply topically or add to cream or lotion to nourish & calm skin.
- Add a drop or two to a veggie cap as a part of your daily regimen.
Directions for use:
Aromatic use: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute
with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity
Caring for your products:
- Store the essential oil in room-temperature conditions and avoid exposure to extreme temperatures (leaving oils in the car during the summer, on window sills, etc.).
- Avoid exposing the oils to direct sunlight or other sources of UV rays.
- Prevent prolonged exposure to oxygen which can cause oxidation of the oil over time (leaving the cap unscrewed, etc.).
- Tightly secure the caps after each use (prevents the oil from evaporating and decreases exposure to oxygen).
Life of your products:
5–10 years or more
Main Chemical Components:
: α-pinene, limonene, octyl acetate